Помощь
Добавить в избранное
Музыка Dj Mixes Альбомы Видеоклипы Топ Радио Радиостанции Видео приколы Flash-игры
Музыка пользователей Моя музыка Личный кабинет Моя страница Поиск Пользователи Форум Форум

Сообщения за день
Вернуться   Bisound.com - Музыкальный портал > Релизы

Ответ

Опции темы
Старый 21.04.2022, 05:04
upamfva upamfva вне форума
Активный пользователь

По умолчанию World of Warcraft mod Epsilon allows players to create custom worlds

World of Warcraft mod Epsilon allows players to create custom worlds

The World of Warcraft has been going on for over 16 years, so it’s no surprise it’s become enormous. The game spans several continents, planes of reality, and thanks to the addition of World of Warcraft Classic and Burning Crusade Classic, even previous iterations of itself.To get more news about Buy WoW WLK Items, you can visit lootwow.com official website.

For some fans, though, all of these flavors of Warcraft still don’t quite scratch the itch. Hence, some have gone on to create their own extension to World of Warcraft in a project called Epsilon. This isn’t a traditional private server, like previous fan projects, or an alternate take on World of Warcraft’s gameplay. Instead, it’s a tool that allows players to build their own instances and create their own worlds, Warcraft-themed or otherwise.

Epsilon can be downloaded and played now. And it is, for many fans, the role-play hub they’ve always wanted but has never been supported by Blizzard. The volunteer team on Epsilon has focused on adding and moderating infrastructure for player housing, world building, NPC creation, and character customization — features that are sorely wanted by many World of Warcraft players, but have yet to arrive in the game itself. Epsilon is not a direct competitor with the base game; it simply takes inspiration from the world of Azeroth and gives its components to fans for whatever use they’d like.
Players’ constructions and creations are stored on a phase, their own private world that can host their own guests. The phase owner can then pull all of the assets of World of Warcraft and use them to build their own little world, similar to creating an Animal Crossing island. Once a player is satisfied with their phase, they can invite friends to check it out. Creators can create characters, dress them up and customize them, and give them simple routines. Some of these additions are simple, like the ability to have Night Elves who aren’t Demon Hunters wield the iconic Sentinel glaives. Others are quite complex, like the ability to create whole settlements and alternate realities.

If World of Warcraft is the main source of canon and Hearthstone is a series of spinoffs, Epsilon is like wandering through the aisles of an AO3 fanfiction archive. There are no rules as to the thematics or canon status of an instance; everything is fair game, including other franchises like Star Wars or completely original works. Diplomatic romance AU where Sylvanas and Jaina marry each other after the invasion of the Burning Legion so the Horde and the Alliance can form an alliance? Sure. Coffee shop AU where Anduin and Wrathion run a cute little breakfast nook with great lattes? If you’d like. Alternate history Darnassus where Queen Azshara still rules over the Night Elf empire? Hell yeah, I’d love to explore that girl-boss palace.

“It’s a place where players can build both worlds and stories. It’s a pure role-playing community that strives to grant the greatest freedom to the player that we can muster,” wrote Azarchius, one of a committee of Epsilon representatives who spoke to Polygon on Discord. The Epsilon team uses its online handles for social media and communication for privacy reasons. “I wanted to work on a community that both takes things to the next level technologically and grants a safe haven for role-players where the community-wide experience is moderated to curb lawless personalities that sour the experience for the rest.” This includes on phases and in “out-of-character” arenas like Discord.

“For me, as a person who doesn’t RP much, Epsilon is a creative medium where I can create worlds,” wrote Sadriel, another developer on the project. “Very simply, it’s the player housing I wish World of Warcraft always had. I have a lot of fun creating tools (macros, add-ons, integration with other 3D software) that makes it easier for other people to create things. My main joy is seeing the building community thrive.”

This makes Epsilon an entirely different beast than a traditional private server. A traditional take on a private server might up the gold values, or give additional experience, or otherwise iron out bits of the MMO experience that don’t align with their enjoyment. Many of the Epsilon developers I spoke to still play World of Warcraft; Epsilon is their chance to do something different, like be a noodle vendor with a street stand in Orgrimmar.
Ответ

Опции темы